Saturday, January 26, 2008

Winter Blues

Snowed last week. More snow predicted for this weekend. And probably more snow for February and maybe into March. Last year it snowed during the first week of May. What's a girl to do other than snuggle by the fire with seed catalogs and dream...

Gardening things I did this week:
  • Dumped veggie scraps on to the compost pile - you can't dig them in - it's frozen
  • Washed my seed starting stuff in hot soapy water
  • Reorganized my gardening bench
  • Organized my boxes of gardening things
  • Printed pretty box labels using photos from last year's garden
  • Checked on the garlic planted last fall
  • Checkec on the trees - made sure that their wraps were still on good and that the rabbits had not been chewing on them again
  • Filled the bird feeders with black oil sunflower seeds
  • Updated my garden journal
  • Started a blog
  • Drooled over garden catalogs

No comments: