Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Years!

Ok, there's my obligatory picture of my favorite (New Year and Every Day) beverage and a few eggs from the Biddies. They are laying between 9 and 15 eggs a day now. Sort of like zucchini in the summer, I am giving eggs away to anyone who will sit still for 20 seconds!

Some digressions

Postcards Exchange
Some of you who have known me for a long time (or a long, long time, as the case may be), know that I am an avid collector of postcards. I have been collecting them for well over 3 decades. Some years I am more active with sending and recieving them - and some years I am too busy with other aspects of my life. I am hoping that 2009 is one of my more active postcard years. To that end, I have joined PostCrossing.com.

Piggies for 2009?!

I'm thinking of raising two feeder pigs during the fall of 2009 - gilts (girls) probably - one to put in the freezer by Thanks Giving, and one to sell, so that maybe I'll break even on the costs of housing and fencing. The big question is, will I be able to eat them? I am guessing I will cry on butchering day, but will I be able to eat my hog? I am thinking yes!



Maybe the hogs can eat some of the extra eggs when the hens are in full production? I am thinking fall hogs, as, if I have a really productive year in the garden, they can eat some goodies from there, too. And then all the poo gets put back into the compost bin and becomes food for next year's garden. It's a thought, anyway.

Such for the grandiose dreams for the 2009 season!

Well, 5 days of vacation are coming to a close. Have enjoyed hanging out with the chickies and watering trees (once the hoses have thawed out) and other such home-body things - but I will enjoy getting back to work and plunging into all the new projects for the New Year. Many blessings to everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

images in the blog is very interesting.
if you can provide tips photoshop

visit my blog http://sentralmedia.com

KMU said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I am using PhotoShop 6, which is pretty old, now. I do have a few plug-ins, but mostly the photos on this site are done with whatever is already included in photo shop.

The steps to do the kind of photos that I have put up here are basically

* Crop photo
* Resize
* Select all
* Filter -> Artistic -> Poster Edges
* Filter -> Artistic -> Rough Pastels
* Save As (new file name)
* For the blog, I don't always save at a very high resolution (usually 8 or 9), but if you are printing, then you will want to save at the highest one