Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Compost Machines

Babies arrived this morning. Post office called me about 6:15 a.m., but I didn't get back from work to pick them up until 8:30 a.m. They've had water, eaten a bit, pooped and are now mostly napping. I think I'm ready for a nap, too.The one on the left is a Silver Laced Wyandotte and the one on the right is a Ameraucana. The Wyandotte lays a traditional brown egg and the Ameraucana lays a either blue, green or aqua colored eggs (the egg color is particular to a chicken - one chicken will only lay one color).
This is a Maran chick - they lay dark brown shelled eggs - also known as "chocolate" shelled eggs. So you know why I had to get those kinds of chicks, right?!
Not sure where the blondie came from. She's an extra. She has a light grey spot on the top of her head. At least I hope she is a she - I really don't want to have him for dinner if she is really a he!

No comments: